Rod is running for re-election as Mayor of Strathcona County/Sherwood Park on October 18, 2021.
Learn about our campaign, and help us get it done in '21 - volunteer, take a sign, donate, and please vote for Rod on election day (or in an advance poll).
Questions? Kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. . . when our family moved here in 1963. My parents were community builders, and in 2001 my Dad was inducted onto the Millennium Place Sports Wall of Recognition.
As the County grew, I grew with it. I was the kid playing hockey on the neighborhood street and football on the local field. I delivered the paper to your door and worked at the grocery store.
I attended school and graduated here. I went to university with some of your sons and daughters, earning business and law degrees. I then worked as a corporate lawyer in telecom, and competition and antitrust law. My wife and I raised our own family here.
I am now honoured to publicly serve 100,000 citizens as your mayor (my only and full time position), in my own community – the best in Canada.
· Stable, calm and disciplined leadership through two major crises: the 2018 County Hall explosions and the COVID-19 Pandemic
· Highest quality municipal services with citizen satisfaction over 87%
· Taxes cut by 1.35 percent
· Crime down 14.77 percent
· Rural: Roads – additional $3 million in funding; Recreation – spray park, skate park; Water fill; Broadband initiative
· Social service non-profits empowered with an additional $1 million annually in funding
· Jobs and economy: over $4 billion in new investment
· Agricultural Master Plan implementation
· Steadfast, resilient leadership with evidence-based decisions
· Canada’s most livable community – in work, education, and recreation
· Best-in-class municipal services - Fire, Police, Ambulance, Roads, Water, Transit, Recreation
· Low taxes, financial responsibility
· An inclusive community
· Prosperity and economic diversity to improve your quality of life
We kindly ask you to consider helping us with the 2021 mayor campaign. Together we will make the next chapter in the history of Strathcona County one of the greatest ever. We would be grateful for your vote but would also sincerely appreciate it if you could volunteer on the campaign and/or donate. We promise an exciting and fun time with friends and associates for the campaign of a lifetime – you won’t want to miss it!
How you can help:
1. Volunteer: join our team for the Re-elect Rod Frank Run in ’21 Mayor Campaign.
a. What is your area of interest? There are lots of opportunities available in communications, office work, phone calling, delivering campaign literature, volunteer recruitment, placing signs, and more. Do as much or as little as you like.
b. Email email@example.com to get a conversation going with us on how you can be involved.
2. Place a lawn sign: send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you on how we get a sign on your lawn (signs cannot be put up until September 18, 2021, but we would love to have your name now).
3. Donate: Any donation, from $5 to $15, and from $50 to $5,000 – it all makes a difference and is deeply appreciated.
As long as you reside in Alberta you can contribute, you do not have to live in Strathcona County/Sherwood Park. Individuals only though please, we cannot take corporate or union donations. Signs, rent, advertising, and other costs add up, so we need your financial help to ensure a victory.
How to do it: Please use your bank’s Interac e-Transfer using my email address email@example.com. There is no need to add a security question, as the account on my end is on auto-deposit. In the “message” section, be sure to include your name, address, and telephone number; anonymous contributions are prohibited.
Wish to donate by cheque? No problem - just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide details.
4. Vote: Please mark your calendar for Monday, October 18, 2021 and please get out to vote Rod for Mayor! Better yet, you can vote in advance in September. We will provide the details when available.
Rod Frank is Mayor of Strathcona County.
Rod was raised in the County, after moving here with his family in 1963; and brought up his own family here. He earned business and law degrees from the University of Alberta.
Before becoming Mayor, Rod had over 40 years of experience in the business and legal worlds. As a corporate lawyer, Rod had a telecom law, and competition & antitrust law, practice.
Rod is proud of Strathcona County’s achievements. He feels honoured and privileged in his work to make the County’s vision of Canada’s most livable community a reality.
Rod’s governance interests include:
· Leading with best-in-class municipal services,
· Supporting responsible commercial and industrial development to improve our citizens’ quality of life,
· Enabling the non profit sector for social advancement,
· Championing fiscal responsibility, and
· Following evidenced based decision making.
Rod is passionate in leading Strathcona County to a future of continued prosperity.
Set in the centre of Alberta’s energy and agricultural heartland, Strathcona County is a thriving, vibrant community of close to 100,000 residents.
Strathcona County is made up of the urban area of Sherwood Park, and a large adjacent rural area of farms, acreages, and smaller hamlets.
With a focus on economic, social, cultural and environmental sustainability, Strathcona County is committed to balancing the unique needs of its diverse community.
Strathcona County is the center of Alberta's Industrial Heartland and the Strathcona Industrial Association - Canada's largest hydrocarbon processing regions. It is home to 50+ world class companies, with a combined total investment of over $35 billion.
Strathcona County is also home to 75 per cent of the refining in Western Canada.
Strathcona County is a member of the Edmonton Metro Regional Board and Edmonton Global.
The region has a population of 1.3 million people, produces 30 per cent of Alberta's GDP, and supports 725,000 jobs.
Rod was elected as Mayor of Strathcona County on October 16, 2017.
Mayor Frank moved with family to Sherwood Park in 1963, and now lives here with his own family.
Rod has Business and Law Degrees from the University of Alberta, and brings over 40 years’ experience in business and law to Strathcona County Council.
Leadership credentials in the business world include co-leader of Legal Services at TELUS, and practice lead to the wholesale, business, and wireless divisions; as well as lead competition law advisor. Rod was lead counsel closing a $1.2 billion-dollar deal, one of the single largest telecom services transactions in Canadian history.
In the legal field he headed the Canadian Bar Association’s National Competition Law Section, comprised of over 1,000 expert antitrust lawyers. Rod is also a former member of the American Bar Association’s Compliance & Ethics Advisory Board.
In the non-profit sector, Rod was one of the original incorporators of the Elk Island Education Foundation (REAL Foundation), and a former President and General Manager of the Edmonton Wildcat Junior Football Club.
With two sons who grew up in the Park, Rod has also volunteered for more than 15 years in local schools, and “every sport out there – football, hockey, soccer, baseball, lacrosse”.
Rod is committed to serving the citizens throughout term; working for the citizen in politics and current events. The core of his plan is to realize Strathcona County's vision, to provide first-in-class municpal services, and to provide financial certainty for individuals and industry, and to foster a citizen-centered culture.
“I respect the trust citizens have placed in me. I dedicate my service over the next term to advancing the best interests of Strathcona County, and to this community being a leading light in Alberta.”
- Chief Elected Official, Strathcona County
- Director, Alberta’s Industrial Heartland Association
- Board Member, Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board
- Representative, Edmonton Metro Region Economic Development (Edmonton Global)
- Representative, Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
Copyright © 2017-20, 2021 Rod Frank - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by the RBJ Frank Team